Slipping away


     I wrote this kinda-looks-like-a-diary when I was 17 which means in 2016. That year was my downfall but I kept it to myself and wrote it in a book. It was not a failure kind of downfall but a breakdown kind of downfall. I felt like everything that I have built just tumbled to the ground. That everything was actually my friendship with certain people. They were dear to me the past year but we kind of got drifted apart a little bit and barely talked to each other.
   Whenever I tried to start a conversation, this awkward atmosphere slipped in between us so our conversations were cut short. I thought that could outgrew the awkward atmosphere but I guess that way watered it instead of pulling it out of the soil like how we throw weeds away.

Dear Peter,
     I think myself is slipping away again. Here is why;
     Last year, I was fortunate enough to be roommates with these 3 great people. Not gonna lie, I felt a little bit jittery when I knew about it because I had never came close to them. They were not arrogant or rude but I was just shy and felt out of place to talk to them.
     2015 was a lovely year for me because everyone was very friendly instead of just sticking in their clique like that was the only thing they had. I even let my inner-self stood out a bit which I seldomly did.
    Alas, time waits for nobody. When January had passed to August, I started to worry. I was not ready to let what I got go yet because I didn’t want them to leave. They didn’t seriously leave me but we were not as close as we were before.
     I tried to talk with them but they were always busy and so was I. We had our own responsibilities which just loomed bigger and bigger.
     If only I could turn back time, I would tell myself to be strong and ready for what is going to come in future even if the changes is going to be too big for me to accept.
     Frankly, I just miss the past and I’m scared of the future.
                                                                                                                                              Love,
                                                                                                                                             Rylie

p/s : Peter and Rylie were my fictional characters who were very close to my heart.

Comments

Popular Posts